What you do when you discover a burst pipe can make the difference between an inconvenience or a total disaster. Here we have highlighted the best action a homeowner can take:
- Be alert for the signs of Burst Pipes. Damp spots on walls, ceilings or floors, loss of water pressure, a hissing sound or the sound of water running continuously are all possible indications of a burst water pipe.
- If you suspect a burst pipe then the first thing you ought to do is turn off the main water supply to prevent further water loss and consequential damage to property. The stopcock to turn off the water mains is often located outside your home.
- If water is still pouring from the taps, despite having turned off the water main supply, the water is in all likelihood draining from the geyser. In such a case switch off the electricity to the geyser to prevent possible damage to the element.
- Clean the excess water away as soon as possible the quicker the water is removed the less damage can be caused.
- Contact Alpha Plumbing on our 24-hour helpline 011 794 2431 for friendly and speedy service.
For over 28 years, throughout Johannesburg, customer satisfaction has always remained our top priority and is achieved by innovative methods producing top quality results at competitive rates.